In this scenario .......
- Only 9 factions are allowed, with the Martians the 9th and taking over the Bantu bonuses.
- Jihadia, KtS, Bolivaria, SAO and Empire are reduced to two territories each.
War of the Worlds:
H G Wells' War of the Worlds meets the world of A Wrong Turn?
- Martians use Lakota bonuses
- Martian cities are actually landing sites for new units which are all built from cities.
- Build tilesets: a, k, e, t, m, n, i, u, s.
- Theoretically we can introduce a Martian faction to A Wrong Turn.
No buildings for Martians other than the cylinder pad, and others.
Martians get the following technologies:
- Attrition 1,2,3,4
- SIGINT 3
- Terminus - the upgrade of a Martian city. Martians don't get the large city or metropolis, they instead get a Terminus which genereates +1 knowledge.
- The Terminus allows for the construction of Martian units being,
- Selenite Slaves - based off 1919 ed of Selenites. Selenites are poorly adapted to earth and are easily destroyed, but are armed with tools that can function in melee.
- Handling machines - a melee-based contraption, able to function as a merchant. Handling machines are quite resistant to human attacks.
- Flying Machine - Martian fighter
- The Terminus is quite powerful and can function as a fortress AND an airport, so Martians don't need any defensive structures.
- forward command post - replaces the senate, detects units and trains
- Martian Warrior - the main frontline unit of the Martians. Pioneers are tentacled units with the ability to launch a short-ranged, psi-based attack which can kill humans and damage vehicles, but take a long time to be trained due to the lack of manpower the Martians.
- Martian Seeker - Replaces Scholar, but has a powerful psi attack that instantly destroys units, and damages buildings. Not very easy to use however as it must recharge.
- Seeker droid - a fast-moving, unarmed aerial probe. Martians have no commando units.
- synthesiser - fancier name for market. the Synthesiser can be used to create explorer droids, which are the Martian version of an armed caravan and which are capable of flying. The synthesiser is also used to construct
- Scout Machine
- Handling Machine
- Mine - as in humans. Mines are operated by Selenite miners.
- Factory: constructs the following units:
- Embankment Machines (supply)
- Fighting Machine
- Black Smoke Machine - a fighting Machine armed with black smoke launchers that can instantly kill humans and destroy cities.
- Redoubt: constructs the Dreadnought, a flying career, and the Hunter Machine, which is essentially a Flying Machine armed with Black Smoke.
Super-weapon: Grey Goo Elemental - can be built instantly, moves slowly, but consumes any and all units around it. Produces resources whenever it damages buildings.
Hints when playing the MartiansEdit
- food is required to keep your slaves going. Build as many slaves possible to keep your economy going.
- because you can build terminii everywhere, always upgrade your civics as quickly as possible in order to construct new buildings.